DECISION AND ORDER
This case is decided pursuant to Chapter 410 of the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act and Rules of the Division of Workers’ Compensation adopted thereunder.
A contested case hearing was held on September 28, 2010 to decide the following disputed issue:
- Is the preponderance of the evidence contrary to the decision of the IRO that the claimant is not entitled to DME/Hill-Rom bed purchase #E1399 for the compensable injury of _______________?
Petitioner/Claimant appeared by and through his attorney, JB, appearing by telephone. Respondent/Carrier appeared and was represented by RG, attorney, appearing by telephone.
The parties reached an agreement. The agreement only resolves the issue decided at this hearing. The agreement does not resolve all issues regarding the claim and is not a settlement.
In this decision the Agreement section includes the Findings of Fact, and the Decision section constitutes the Conclusions of Law.
The Hearing Officer found:
- A.Carrier delivered to Claimant a single document stating the true corporate name of Carrier, and the name and street address of Carrier’s registered agent, which document was admitted into evidence as Hearing Officer’s Exhibit Number 2.
The parties agreed as follows:
- Venue is proper in the (City) Field Office of the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation.
- On _______________ Claimant was the employee of (Employer).
- On _______________ Claimant sustained a compensable injury.
- Claimant is entitled to the requested equipment, more particularly described as DME/Hill-Rom 1039 hospital bed with mattress and trapeze, for the compensable injury of _______________.
The Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation, has jurisdiction to hear this case. Venue is proper in the (City) Field Office. Claimant is entitled to the requested equipment, more particularly described as DME/Hill-Rom 1039 hospital bed with mattress and trapeze, for the compensable injury of _______________.
Carrier is liable for the benefits at issue in this hearing. Claimant remains entitled to medical benefits for the compensable injury in accordance with Section 408.021 of the Act.
The true corporate name of the insurance carrier is HARTFORD FIRE INSURANCE COMPANY and the name and address of its registered agent for service of process is
CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
211 EAST 7th STREET, SUITE 620
AUSTIN, TEXAS 78701
Signed this 28th day of September, 2010.