(a) The division is subject to audit by the state auditor in accordance with Chapter 321, Government Code. The state auditor may audit:
(1) the structure and internal controls of the division;
(2) the level and quality of service provided by the division to employers, injured employees, insurance carriers, self-insured governmental entities, and other participants;
(3) the implementation of statutory mandates by the division;
(4) employee turnover;
(5) information management systems, including public access to nonconfidential information;
(6) the adoption and implementation of administrative rules by the commissioner; and
(7) assessment of administrative violations and the penalties for those violations.
(b) Nothing in this section limits the authority of the state auditor under Chapter 321, Government Code.
Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1456, § 7.02, eff. June 17, 2001.
Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 3.002, eff. September 1, 2005.