(a) Not later than the 90th day after the date on which the commissioner takes office, the commissioner shall complete a training program that complies with this section.
(b) The training program must provide the commissioner with information regarding:
(1) the legislation that created the division;
(2) the programs operated by the division;
(3) the role and functions of the division;
(4) the rules of the commissioner of insurance relating to the division, with an emphasis on the rules that relate to disciplinary and investigatory authority;
(5) the current budget for the division;
(6) the results of the most recent formal audit of the division;
(7) the requirements of:
(A) the open meetings law, Chapter 551, Government Code;
(B) the public information law, Chapter 552, Government Code;
(C) the administrative procedure law, Chapter 2001, Government Code; and
(D) other laws relating to public officials, including conflict-of-interest laws; and
(8) any applicable ethics policies adopted by the division or the Texas Ethics Commission.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 1.004, eff. September 1, 2005.