To be eligible to serve as public counsel, a person must:
(1) be a resident of Texas;
(2) be licensed to practice law in this state;
(3) have demonstrated a strong commitment to and involvement in efforts to safeguard the rights of the working public;
(4) have management experience;
(5) possess knowledge and experience with the workers' compensation system; and
(6) have experience with legislative procedures and administrative law.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 3.016, eff. September 1, 2005.