(a) An insurance company may contract to secure an employer's liability and obligations and to pay compensation by issuing a workers' compensation insurance policy under this subchapter.
(b) The contract for coverage must be written on a policy and endorsements approved by the Texas Department of Insurance.
(c) The employer may not transfer:
(1) the obligation to accept a report of injury under Section 409.001;
(2) the obligation to maintain records of injuries under Section 409.006;
(3) the obligation to report injuries to the insurance carrier under Section 409.005;
(4) liability for a violation of Section 415.006 or 415.008 or of Chapter 451; or
(5) the obligation to comply with a commissioner order.
Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 269, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 954, § 4, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.
Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 3.032, eff. September 1, 2005.