In this subchapter:
(1) "Agricultural labor" means the planting, cultivating, or harvesting of an agricultural or horticultural commodity in its unmanufactured state.
(2) "Family" means persons related within the third degree by consanguinity or affinity.
(3) "Labor agent" means a person who:
(A) is a farm labor contractor for purposes of the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (29 U.S.C. Section 1801 et seq.); or
(B) otherwise recruits, solicits, hires, employs, furnishes, or transports migrant or seasonal agricultural workers who work for the benefit of a third party.
(4) "Migrant worker" means an individual who is:
(A) employed in agricultural labor of a seasonal or temporary nature; and
(B) required to be absent overnight from the worker's permanent place of residence.
(5) "Seasonal worker" means an individual who is:
(A) employed in agricultural or ranch labor of a seasonal or temporary nature; and
(B) not required to be absent overnight from the worker's permanent place of residence.
(6) "Truck farm" means a farm on which fruits, garden vegetables for human consumption, potatoes, sugar beets, or vegetable seeds are produced for market. The term includes a farm primarily devoted to one of those crops that also has incidental acreage of other crops.
Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 269, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993.