(1) 70 percent of the amount computed by subtracting the employee's weekly earnings after the injury from the employee's average weekly wage; or
(2) for the first 26 weeks, 75 percent of the amount computed by subtracting the employee's weekly earnings after the injury from the employee's average weekly wage if the employee earns less than $10 an hour.
(b) A temporary income benefit under Subsection (a)(2) may not exceed the employee's actual earnings for the previous year. It is presumed that the employee's actual earnings for the previous year are equal to:
(1) the sum of the employee's wages as reported in the most recent four quarterly wage reports to the Texas Workforce Commission divided by 52;
(2) the employee's wages in the single quarter of the most recent four quarters in which the employee's earnings were highest, divided by 13, if the commissioner finds that the employee's most recent four quarters' earnings reported in the Texas Workforce Commission wage reports are not representative of the employee's usual earnings; or
(3) the amount the commissioner determines from other credible evidence to be the actual earnings for the previous year if the Texas Workforce Commission does not have a wage report reflecting at least one quarter's earnings because the employee worked outside the state during the previous year.
(c) A presumption under Subsection (b) may be rebutted by other credible evidence of the employee's actual earnings.
(d) The Texas Employment Commission shall provide information required under this section in the manner most efficient for transferring the information.
(e) For purposes of Subsection (a), if an employee is offered a bona fide position of employment that the employee is reasonably capable of performing, given the physical condition of the employee and the geographic accessibility of the position to the employee, the employee's weekly earnings after the injury are equal to the weekly wage for the position offered to the employee.
Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 269, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993.
Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 3.110, eff. September 1, 2005.
Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 54 (S.B. 901), § 1, eff. September 1, 2015.