(a) The commissioner by rule shall adopt compliance standards for supplemental income benefit recipients that require each recipient to demonstrate an active effort to obtain employment. To be eligible to receive supplemental income benefits under this chapter, a recipient must provide evidence satisfactory to the division of:
(1) active participation in a vocational rehabilitation program conducted by the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services or a private vocational rehabilitation provider;
(2) active participation in work search efforts conducted through the Texas Workforce Commission; or
(3) active work search efforts documented by job applications submitted by the recipient.
(b) In adopting rules under this section, the commissioner shall:
(1) establish the level of activity that a recipient should have with the Texas Workforce Commission and the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services;
(2) define the number of job applications required to be submitted by a recipient to satisfy the work search requirements; and
(3) consider factors affecting the availability of employment, including recognition of access to employment in rural areas, economic conditions, and other appropriate employment availability factors.
(c) The commissioner may consult with the Texas Workforce Commission, the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, and other appropriate entities in adopting rules under this section.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 3.119, eff. September 1, 2005.