(a) The appeals panel shall consider:
(1) the record developed at the contested case hearing; and
(2) the written request for appeal and response filed with the appeals panel.
(b) The appeals panel may:
(1) reverse the decision of the administrative law judge and render a new decision;
(2) reverse the decision of the administrative law judge and remand the case to the administrative law judge for further consideration and development of evidence; or
(3) affirm the decision of the administrative law judge in a case described by Section 410.204(a-1).
(c) The appeals panel may not remand a case under Subsection (b)(2) more than once.
(d) A hearing on remand shall be accelerated and the commissioner shall adopt rules to give priority to the hearing over other proceedings.
(e) The appeals panel shall issue and maintain a precedent manual. The precedent manual shall be composed of precedent-establishing decisions and may include other information as identified by the appeals panel.
Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 269, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993.
Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 3.192, eff. September 1, 2005.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1162 (H.B. 2605), § 16, eff. September 1, 2011.
Acts 2017, 85th Leg., R.S., Ch. 839 (H.B. 2111), § 14, eff. September 1, 2017.