In this subchapter:
(1) Repealed by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265, § 7.01(28), eff. September 1, 2005.
(2) "Employee" means an individual who works for an employer for compensation. The term does not include an individual employed to perform domestic services in a private residence.
(3) "Employer" means a person who has control or custody of any employment, place of employment, or employee. The term does not include a carrier, as that term is used in Title 49, United States Code, that is regulated by the Interstate Commerce Commission, except that the term includes a railroad.
(4) "Place of employment" means a location, other than a private residence where domestic service is performed, where:
(A) a trade, industry, or business is temporarily or permanently conducted; or
(B) an employee is directly or indirectly employed by another for direct or indirect gain.
(5) "Safe" as applied to employment or places of employment means freedom from occupational injury for employees to the extent reasonably permitted by the nature of the employment.
(6) "Safeguard" means any practicable method of mitigating or preventing occupational injury.
Added by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 76, § 9.54(a), eff. Sept. 1, 1995.
Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 7.01(28), eff. September 1, 2005.