(a) Based on the recommendations of the director, the board shall report to each legislature relating to:
(1) methods to reduce the exposure of state agencies to the risks of property and liability losses, including workers' compensation losses;
(2) the operation, financing, and management of those risks;
(3) the handling of claims brought against the state;
(4) return-to-work outcomes under Section 412.0126 for each state agency; and
(5) the continuity of operations plan developed by state agencies under Section 412.054.
(b) The report must include:
(1) the frequency, severity, and aggregate amount of open and closed claims in the preceding biennium by category of risk, including final judgments;
(2) the identification of each state agency that has not complied with the risk management guidelines and reporting requirements of this chapter;
(3) recommendations for the coordination and administration of a comprehensive risk management program to serve all state agencies, including recommendations for any necessary statutory changes;
(4) a report of outcomes by state agency of lost time due to employee injury and return-to-work programs based on the information collected and analyzed by the office in Section 412.0126; and
(5) an evaluation of continuity of operations plans developed by state agencies under Section 412.054 for completeness and viability.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 1098, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997.
Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 407 (S.B. 908), § 8, eff. September 1, 2007.
Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1045 (H.B. 1832), § 3, eff. June 19, 2015.