(a) The board shall develop and implement a policy to encourage the use of:
(1) negotiated rulemaking procedures under Chapter 2008, Government Code, for the adoption of office rules; and
(2) appropriate alternative dispute resolution procedures under Chapter 2009, Government Code, to assist in the resolution of internal and external disputes under the office's jurisdiction.
(b) The office's procedures relating to alternative dispute resolution must conform, to the extent possible, to any model guidelines issued by the State Office of Administrative Hearings for the use of alternative dispute resolution by state agencies.
(c) The board shall designate a trained person to:
(1) coordinate the implementation of the policy adopted under Subsection (a);
(2) serve as a resource for any training needed to implement the procedures for negotiated rulemaking or alternative dispute resolution; and
(3) collect data concerning the effectiveness of those procedures, as implemented by the office.
Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 407 (S.B. 908), § 10, eff. September 1, 2007.