A representative of an employee or legal beneficiary commits an administrative violation if the person:
(1) fails without good cause to attend a dispute resolution proceeding within the division;
(2) attends a dispute resolution proceeding within the division without complete authority or fails to exercise authority to effectuate an agreement or settlement;
(3) commits an act of barratry under Section 38.12, Penal Code;
(4) withholds from the employee's or legal beneficiary's weekly benefits or from advances amounts not authorized to be withheld by the division;
(5) enters into a settlement or agreement without the knowledge, consent, and signature of the employee or legal beneficiary;
(6) takes a fee or withholds expenses in excess of the amounts authorized by the division;
(7) refuses or fails to make prompt delivery to the employee or legal beneficiary of funds belonging to the employee or legal beneficiary as a result of a settlement, agreement, order, or award;
(8) violates the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas;
(9) misrepresents the provisions of this subtitle to an employee, an employer, a health care provider, or a legal beneficiary;
(10) violates a commissioner rule; or
(11) fails to comply with this subtitle.
Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 269, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1993.
Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 3.265, eff. September 1, 2005.