(a) A network must file a modification request with and receive approval from the department before the network may expand, eliminate, or reduce an existing service area, or add a new service area. The modification request must be filed not later than 30 days before implementation of the modification. An officer or other authorized representative of the network must verify the modification request by attesting to the truth and accuracy of the information in the modification request.
(b) A modification request for a service area modification must include:
(1) a description and a map with key and scale, showing both the currently approved service area and the proposed new service area, as required under § 10.22(9) of this subchapter (relating to Contents of Application);
(2) network configuration information, as required under § 10.22(11) of this subchapter; and
(3) separate and consolidated projections as described in § 10.22(13) of this subchapter for the existing network, the proposed new service area, and the proposed network.
(c) If a modification request for a service area changes any of the following items, the applicant must file the new item or any amendments to an existing item with the modification request filed under this section:
(1) a copy of the form of any new contracts or amendment of any existing contracts as described by and required under § 10.22(3), (4) and (5) of this subchapter;
(2) a brief narrative description of the administrative arrangements, organizational charts as required under § 10.22(1) of this subchapter, and other pertinent information;
(3) biographical data, on a form prescribed by the department, regarding each individual who governs or manages the affairs of the network as required under § 10.22(2) of this subchapter; and
(4) a copy of each management contract as described under § 10.22(6) of this subchapter.
(d) A modification request is not considered complete and reviewable until the department has received all information required under this section, including any additional information the department requests as needed to make that determination.
(e) Before the department considers a service area modification request, the applicant must be in good standing with the department and in compliance with all applicable requirements under this chapter, Insurance Code Chapter 1305, and Labor Code Title 5 in the existing service areas and in each proposed service area.
(f) A corrected notice of network requirements and employee information and acknowledgment form must be provided to affected employees.
(g) Prescribed modification request forms may be obtained from:
(1) the department's website at www.tdi.state.tx.us; or
(2) the HMO Division, Mail Code 103-6A, Texas Department of Insurance, P.O. Box 149104, Austin, Texas 78714-9104.
The provisions of this § 10.26 adopted to be effective December 5, 2005, 30 TexReg 8099.