(a) An employer, as defined by Labor Code §406.001, who terminates workers' compensation insurance coverage shall file written notice of the termination of coverage with the division not later than the 10th day after the date on which the employer notified the insurance carrier under Labor Code §406.007 to terminate the coverage.
(b) The employer shall file the notice of termination required by subsection (a) of this section in the form and manner prescribed by the division. The notice shall contain:
(1) a statement of no workers' compensation insurance coverage, including policy termination effective date, policy number, insurance company name, date the termination notice was sent to the insurance company, and date employees were or will be notified;
(2) a statement of whether the employer had a death, injuries that resulted in the injured employee's absence from work for more than one day, or knowledge of an occupational disease since the last report of no coverage;
(3) the employer business name;
(4) the federal employer identification number (FEIN);
(5) the employer's business mailing address;
(6) the employer's business type;
(7) the employer's North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code;
(8) additional business locations (including name, FEIN, and address concerning each additional location); and
(9) the signature date and the name, title, telephone number, email address, and signature of the person providing the information required by this subsection.
(c) Termination of coverage by an employer takes effect on the later of:
(1) the 30th day after the date of filing the notice with the division under this section; or
(2) the cancellation date of the policy.
(d) Coverage shall be extended until the date on which the termination of coverage takes effect and the employer is obligated for premiums due for that period.
(e) Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, if an employer switches workers' compensation insurance carriers, the original policy is considered canceled as of the date the new coverage takes effect. Employers shall notify the prior insurance carrier of the cancellation date of the original policy, in writing, within 10 days of the effective date.
(f) This section is effective January 1, 2013.
The provisions of this §110.105 adopted to be effective January 1, 2013, 37 TexReg 5577; amended to be effective April 15, 2018, 43 TexReg 2150.