(a) Scope. This chapter governs contested case hearings, which adjudicate disputes before SOAH as authorized under the Act.
(b) Coordination with SOAH's Procedural Rules. This chapter governs the following procedural matters and also provides related policies of the division on the following:
(1) matters arising before a case is transferred by the division to SOAH;
(2) matters arising after a proposal for decision or after the entire case is received from SOAH;
(3) requests for the issuance of a subpoena and related matters; and
(4) requests for issuance of a commission requiring deposition and related matters.
(c) Applicability of the APA.
(2) The sections of the APA enumerated in Labor Code § 401.021(1) apply to all other contested case hearings governed by this chapter.
(4) The commissioner renders the final decision in all other cases not specified in paragraph (3) of this subsection pursuant to Government Code § 2001.062.
The provisions of this §148.2 adopted to be effective June 9, 2005, 30 TexReg 3237; amended to be effective July 27, 2014, 39 TexReg 5608.