The following words and terms, when used in these sections, shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) Health provider--Used in these board rules in a generic sense, having reference to licensed practitioners of medicine, osteopathic, chiropractic, and podiatry.
(2) Insurance carrier or carrier--Shall be synonymous with the term “association,” as defined in Texas Civil Statutes, Article 8309, § 1, to mean any insurance company authorized to insure payment of workers’ compensation including political subdivisions according to Texas Civil Statutes, Article 8309h, § 3(b).
(3) Medical expenses--Shall include health provider care by licensed medical doctors, osteopathic physicians, chiropractic physicians, and podiatrists, as well as hospital care, drugs and prescriptions, appliances, nursing care, psychological care, therapy and physical rehabilitation, where the same are prescribed by a health provider named under the Workers' Compensation Law, and rendered or provided by a licensed source.
(4) Medical report or medical treatment--Shall also include, where applicable, osteopathic, chiropractic, podiatric care, and the reports thereof.
(5) Subscriber and employer--Are synonymous.
The provisions of this § 41.10 adopted to be effective November 11, 1983, 8 TexReg 4491; amended to be effective October 1, 1985, 10 TexReg 3506.