(a) The commissioner shall conduct the daily operations of the division and otherwise implement division policy.
(b) The commissioner or the commissioner's designee may:
(1) investigate misconduct;
(2) hold hearings;
(3) issue subpoenas to compel the attendance of witnesses and the production of documents;
(4) administer oaths;
(5) take testimony directly or by deposition or interrogatory;
(6) assess and enforce penalties established under this title;
(7) enter appropriate orders as authorized by this title;
(8) institute an action in the division's name to enjoin the violation of this title;
(9) initiate an action under Section 410.254 to intervene in a judicial proceeding;
(10) prescribe the form, manner, and procedure for the transmission of information to the division;
(11) correct clerical errors in the entry of orders; and
(12) exercise other powers and perform other duties as necessary to implement and enforce this title.
(c) The commissioner is the agent for service of process on out-of-state employers.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 265 (H.B. 7), § 1.004, eff. September 1, 2005.